What are the duties and responsibilities of a caterer?
A caterer provides, transports, and prepares food for clients, particularly for special events such as conferences, weddings, celebrations, or large gatherings. Responsibilities may include not only providing and preparing food but also serving it and cleaning up afterwards.
How do you describe catering on a resume?
- Prepared and served meal accompaniments to guests. Performed side-work.
- Busing and set tables as needed. Performed set up and breakdown of various stations.
- Assisted with orders to go, as needed.
- Seated guests and helped with answering phones as business demands.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
What skills do you need for catering?
To become a successful catering assistant, applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm, under pressure.
- Stamina and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- High standards of personal hygiene.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a food server?
Food servers perform a variety of tasks, from preparing the food, stocking supplies, serving, charging people for their food, handling cash, credit cards, and a cash register, cleaning tables and counters, resetting tables, greeting customers and answering questions.
What are the types of catering?
Here are the four general types of catering to consider:
- Wedding Catering. While we are all familiar with wedding catering, we can also agree that catering makes a huge impact on that special day. …
- Corporate Catering. …
- Social Event Catering. …
- Concession Catering.
What is the responsibility of catering supervisor?
As a Catering Supervisoryou will be responsible for: Preparation of and the serving of meals to customers to the required standard set by the client. Ensure that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy. Ensure all food and health and safety regulations are followed.
What are your top five skills?
The top 5 skills employers look for include:
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Oral and written communications skills.
What skills should I list on my resume?
Here is a quick list of the most important soft skills you should be using in your resume.
- Problem-Solving. …
- Critical Thinking. …
- Flexibility. …
- Communication. …
- Teamwork. …
- Organization. …
- Creativity. …
- Emotional Intelligence.
What should I put on my resume for hospitality?
First and foremost, a strong guest service representative resume must illustrate exceptional customer service skills. Share experience from your customer service jobs. But don’t stop there. You must also include your achievements in your past customer service positions.
What makes a good catering manager?
A good catering manager/director must have the ability to wear many hats. You aren’t a chef, but you’ll be involved in menu design. You aren’t a typical office manager, but you must be adept at managing budgets. You must be an excellent communicator, to staff and customers alike.
Why are you interested in catering?
Working as a caterer certainly has it’s perks. You have a lot more creative freedom, flexibility and the ability to truly help customers and clients with their needs. If you love cooking, organising, helping with events and love talking to customers, a role in the catering industry may be a great move for you.
What’s the definition of catering?
verb (used without object)
to provide food, service, etc., as for a party or wedding: to cater for a banquet. to provide or supply what amuses, is desired, or gives pleasure, comfort, etc. (usually followed by to or for): to cater to popular demand; to cater to an invalid.
What is a server job description?
Restaurant Servers are responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests. They play an important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
What skills do you need to be a server?
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Communication Skills: Communication is key to server jobs. …
- Customer Service: A dissatisfied customer is not going to tip. …
- Good Memory: Big, complicated orders happen. …
- Stamina: Long, busy days on your feet are the trademark of a server job.
- Teamwork: Servers are part of a team.