How much does catering at a wedding cost?
If you calculate the average amount of wedding guests at 98, it works out to around $100 per person for food. This cost has to be added to the venue you’ve hired as well as other costs such as staffing for external caterers, so you’re looking at an overall total of around $157 per head.
How much food should I cater for a wedding?
Regardless, accounting for eight ounces (or roughly one cup) of salad per guest is a good rule of thumb when considering how much food to serve at your wedding. Most wedding reception meals also include two to three side dishes, and couples can expect to order four to six ounces per side, per guest.
What is the average cost per person for catering?
A really broad range might be from $20 to $100 per person, however we find many clients end up spending between $35 to $80 per person (not including alcohol).
Why is wedding catering so expensive?
Wedding catering is expensive as the food is prepared in bulk and requires more cooks for that, and they can take only one project a day. Also, they require more staff for serving purpose as compared to dine in at any restaurant.
What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
Check out these Inexpensive Wedding Foods that you can serve as a plated meal at your wedding reception.
- Oatmeal: Wild Mushroom & Asparagus, Oatmeal, Oatmeal Crusted Chicken or Fish.
- Potatoes: Baked Potatoes, Potato Soup, Duchess Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes.
- Canned Tuna: Salad Nicoise.
- Bread: Rolls, Breadsticks.
How do you calculate catering cost?
Determine Fixed Costs
Add up the fixed costs and then multiply the per person charge by the number of people. Add these two numbers together to get your final cost for the job and then add in your profit.
What is a good menu for a wedding?
17 Entree Ideas for Your Wedding Menu
- Lobster With Mashed Potatoes. …
- Vegetarian Vegetable and Couscous Salad. …
- Seasonal Food With Flavorful Seasonings and Sauces. …
- Filet Mignon With Green Beans. …
- Barbecue Favorites: Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese and Biscuits. …
- Seasonal Salad. …
- Chicken and Waffles. …
- Fajita and Taco Bar.
How do you save on wedding catering?
Wedding food: How to save money on your catering budget
- Cull the guest list. With a large proportion of the wedding budget spent on food and drink, the obvious way to cut costs is to reduce your guest list. …
- Avoid summer Saturdays. …
- Don’t overfeed. …
- Marry later in the day. …
- Provide a children’s menu. …
- Simplify your menu. …
- Provide your own drinks. …
- Go informal with service.
How can I feed wedding guests cheap?
Cheap buffets emphasize filling, low-cost sides, such as:
- Potato salad.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Steamed vegetables.
- Corn on the cob.
- Rice and beans.
- Cooking greens.
What is the cheapest food to cater?
1. The cheapest food to cater is any rice or noodle-based cultural cuisine. Mexican, Indian, and Thai dishes are delicious and affordable. Or, if you’re hosting an event during the day, serve brunch and breakfast items.
How much does a buffet for 100 cost?
It depends on the cost per plate, but most receptions for 100 people cost around $5,000 to $10,000, with average cost being around $7,000. The average cost to cater a reception can vary, as the type of catering offered and the cuisine can both affect the cost per plate.