How much food do I need for 50 guests?
Appetizer Amounts for a Three Hour PartyFoodUp to 10 guests40-50Veggies60 pieces300 piecesChips1 pound4 poundsCanapes8 per person400 per personPunch2 gallons8 gallonsЕщё 4 строки
What is the cheapest food to cater?
1. The cheapest food to cater is any rice or noodle-based cultural cuisine. Mexican, Indian, and Thai dishes are delicious and affordable. Or, if you’re hosting an event during the day, serve brunch and breakfast items.
How do you plan a party for 50 people?
How to Plan a Party for 50 People
- Set a date for your party. …
- Choose a venue to host your party. …
- Pick a theme. …
- Develop a budget. …
- Send out invitations to your guests. …
- Arrange for catering, photographers, flowers and any hired help that you will need three weeks before the party will take place.
- Finish all tasks ahead of time.
How many trays of food do I need for 60 people?
With salad and sides, a full catering tray feeds about 40, a half tray about 20. Each person will take 2-3 portions of sides, so max 180-200 portions of all in total.
How much fruit do I need for 50 guests?
Fruit Salads and Watermelon BowlsServing size12 servings50 servings1/2 cup serving prepared fruit6 cups25 cups3/4 cup serving prepared fruit9 cups38 cups
How many bags of chips do I need for 30 people?
So, that being said: If you want your guest to have 2 servings each which is approximately 30 chips (which I would say is on the higher side), then one bag would feed 7 1/2 people. You would need about 13 party size bags.
How do you cater a party cheaply?
Here are some party finger food ideas on a budget.
- Pasta Bar. A great budget friendly and filling party meal that can be made in bulk. …
- Baked Potato Bar. Setting up a baked potato bar is an inexpensive way to feed a large group at a party. …
- Sliders. …
- Banana Bread. …
- Fruit Salad. …
- Cheese platter. …
- Veggies and dip. …
- Caramel uni-corn.
What are some cheap party food ideas?
Here are some simple party food ideas on a budget:
- Loose meat sandwiches.
- Baked potatoes.
- Cheese and crackers.
- Vegetables and dip.
What is a good meal to feed a large crowd?
37 Big-Batch Dishes to Feed a Crowd
- White Pesto Spinach Lasagna (10 Servings) …
- Slow-Cooker Crispy Carnitas (10 Servings) …
- Baked Sausage and Cheese Rigatoni (8 Servings) …
- Caramelized Shiitake Mushroom Risotto (8 Servings) …
- Korean Beef Tacos (12 Servings) …
- Healthy Instant-Pot Turkey Chili (8 Servings) …
- Chicken and Dumplings (6 Servings)
How many appetizers do I need for a party of 50?
Here’s a quick guide to how many appetizers you should serve at your party: 10-12 guests = 5 appetizer selections. 25 guests = 9 appetizer selections. 50 guests = 13 appetizer selections.
What are some examples of finger foods?
In the Western world, examples of generally accepted finger food are miniature meat pies, sausage rolls, cheese and olives, chicken drumsticks or wings, spring rolls, miniature quiches, samosas, sandwiches, Merenda or other such based foods, such as pitas or items in buns, bhajjis, potato wedges, vol au vents, several …
What is a good party food?
45 Great Party Food Ideas
- Crab Cakes with Lime Chive Mayonnaise.
- Crab and Ricotta Ravioli.
- Chocolate Truffles.
- Goat Cheese Bruschetta with Roasted Cherry & Pink Peppercorn Jam.
- Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiches.
- Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Crostini.
- Lime Salsa and Cheddar Bruschetta.
- Cheese, Garlic and Herb Scone Club Sandwiches.
How do you calculate food per person?
The easiest rule is the “One Pound Rule.” Provide one pound of food for each adult guest (not including drinks or dessert). Calculate two drinks the first hour and then an additional drink for every hour after that.
How much meat do I need for 60 people?
When Meat Is the Main: When cooking something like steak, roast, chicken, or pork, where meat is the main feature of the meal and paired with a few side dishes, we recommend about 1/2 pound (eight ounces) per person, up to 3/4 (12 ounces) pound for bigger appetites and those who love leftovers.