What should I put on my resume for catering?
- Prepared and served meal accompaniments to guests. Performed side-work.
- Busing and set tables as needed. Performed set up and breakdown of various stations.
- Assisted with orders to go, as needed.
- Seated guests and helped with answering phones as business demands.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a caterer?
A caterer provides, transports, and prepares food for clients, particularly for special events such as conferences, weddings, celebrations, or large gatherings. Responsibilities may include not only providing and preparing food but also serving it and cleaning up afterwards.
How do I write a resume for a food service?
Here are some tips you should keep in mind when writing a stand-out food service resume:
- Introduce yourself with a career objective. The career objective is your elevator pitch and belongs at the top of your resume. …
- Write a solid professional experience section. Use action verbs. …
- Prioritize your hard skills.
What skills are needed for catering?
Vital Catering Assistant skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- High standards of hygiene.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
What skills should I list on my resume?
Here is a quick list of the most important soft skills you should be using in your resume.
- Problem-Solving. …
- Critical Thinking. …
- Flexibility. …
- Communication. …
- Teamwork. …
- Organization. …
- Creativity. …
- Emotional Intelligence.
How do you put cashier on a resume?
Below are the most important skills and traits that job seekers should convey on their cashier resume:
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Ability to effectively manage your time and prioritize tasks.
- Strong product knowledge and understanding of target customers.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
What are the types of catering?
Here are the four general types of catering to consider:
- Wedding Catering. While we are all familiar with wedding catering, we can also agree that catering makes a huge impact on that special day. …
- Corporate Catering. …
- Social Event Catering. …
- Concession Catering.
What makes a good catering assistant?
To become a successful catering assistant, applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills: Ability to work efficiently and keep calm, under pressure. … Ability to work well in a team. Good communication skills.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a barista?
Barista Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
What are the skills of a food service worker?
- Food Service Skills You Need.
- Types of Restaurant Skills.
- Customer Service.
- Physical Speed and Strength.
- Safety Consciousness.
- Attention to Detail.
- More Skills.
How do you sound good food service on a resume?
10 Ways to Describe Fast Food Experience on a Resume
- Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations.
- Communicated clearly and positively with coworkers and management.
- Mastered point-of-service (POS) computer system for automated order taking.
What is the job description of a food service worker?
A few of the main duties of a food service worker are cleaning the stove top for cooks, adhering to food safety regulations, helping cooks prepare meals, and creating simple dishes such as salad. They also have to help keep the kitchen orderly and clean.
What does catering consist of?
Catering is the business of providing food service at events. The catering company usually prepares the food at its premises and delivers it to the event when needed. It may also provide drinks, crockery, cutlery, glassware, decorations and service staff.
How can I be a good catering manager?
Here are the ten keys to manage catering staff at large events:
- Prioritize Training.
- Get to Know Your Staff.
- Prepare Your Rush Strategy.
- Improve Your Customer Service Experience.
- Model Behavior in Your Leadership.
- Give Rewards Early and Often.
- Have a Comprehensive Back-Up Plan.
- Use Top-Notch Scheduling Tools.